April 20, 2021
The Planning Commission held their regular meeting on Tuesday, April 20, 2021 via Zoom as a virtual meeting. The meeting was called to order at 7:02 P.M. by Chairman, John Adam Thomas.
Salute to the flag.
Roll Call – In attendance were John Adam Thomas, Bill Schew, Ken Simon, Michael Irwin, Jacob Bashioum and Jim Benko. John Caporale was absent from the meeting.
Township Staff and Consultants in attendance were Bryan Kulakowsky, ARRO Consulting – Township Engineer, Raymond Stackhouse, Director of Building and Life Safety, Elizabeth Nagy, Planning Commission Secretary and Board of Commissioners’ Liaison to the Planning Commission Lorraine Tindaro.
Approval of January 19, 2021 meeting Minutes – Being no questions or discussion Mr. Thomas entertained a motion for approval as submitted, moved by Bill Schew and seconded by Mr. Bashioum. With no objections motion carries.
Communications – None.
There was a brief discussion about Caln Clean Up Day and Adopt a Highway. Available Planning Commission members will meet at 08:15 am Saturday April 24 to perform clean-up operations on Kings Highway.
There was an open discussion about the Projects that have come before the Planning Commission that have had no recent action:
- Hills at Thorndale Woods- Having right of way issues and have not presented the Final Plan to the Board of Commissioners for Conditional Final Approval.
- 1541 Fisherville Rd- No communication since discussed in January. Active project updates:
- Taco Bell- Open for business with a few hurdles left to obtain their Final Certificate of Occupancy.
- Dunkin Donuts- In the process of working through HOP issues then will submit for final review.
- Sudsy Sams- Have done final paving, just need final inspections to close out permit.
- Willows at Valley Run- Submitted a grading permit April 20, 2021 for soil stockpile.
- AGC Chemical- No recent communication
- Dwell at Caln- Changed ownership 2-3 weeks ago. Consists of 400 units, 200 single and 200 apartments. They are in the process of getting final approval.
- Chester County Sports Arena resubmission submitted on April 20, 2021 and are working on the conditions for approval.
- The Villages at Hillview- Has phase 3 under construction The pump station is under construction, building, grading and stormwater lot permits are all being processed and issued.
- Blackhorse Hill Rd- No updates. There has been no action taken by the Commissioners.
- Kmart- Sold but there has been no direct communication on what the location will be used for.
Mr. Thomas opened the floor up to the public for questions.
- There were several residents that asked questions about the Lloyd Farm property and recent activity. Mr. Stackhouse responded that the property owner had been contacted and they were clearing brush and dead vegetation as part of normal property maintenance. There was also complaints of a building being unsecured, and the owner had the property re-secured. There has been no recent submission or proposal to development the land
- There were several residents that asked questions about the property owned by Wild Meadows/Regal Builders on Fisherville Road, recent activity in regards to advertisement for commercial pad site and reported development plans on the owner’s website. Mr. Stackhouse stated that there has been no submission or conversation with owner regarding any projects for this site. The Township was aware of property maintenance ongoing on the site.
Chairman Thomas brought up a proposal regarding the possibility of having a few public awareness meetings involving the Planning Commission and Chester County Planning Commission. The focus would be on County and local housing needs, the Zoning, Planning and Land Development process. Mr. Stackhouse will reach out to the Township Manager and if approved, Mr. Thomas e will reach out to the Chester County Planning Commission about this idea.
Old Business – None.
New Business- None.
Subdivision and Land Development Timeclock Dates:
- Hills at Thorndale Woods Final LD 2015 (Expires June 30,2021)
Adjournment – With no further agenda items or Commission business, Mr. Thomas made a motion to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Mr. Benko. Poll of members; all ayes, motion passes 5 – 0. The meeting adjourned at 7:47 P.M.
To the best of my knowledge, this summarizes the minutes of the April 20, 2021
Planning Commission meeting.