November 20, 2018
The Planning Commission held their regular meeting on Tuesday, November 20, 2018 in the Caln Township Municipal Building. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 P.M. by Co-Chairperson Ken Simon.
Roll Call – In attendance for the Planning Commission were Jim Benko, Ken Simon, John Robinson, and John Caporale and John Thomas
Also in attendance was Pamela Henrichon, Planning Commission Secretary and Township Engineer Bryan Kulakowsky, of ARRO Consulting, Inc. and Commissioner Lorraine Tindaro, Commissioner George Chambers, Joe Ippolitto – applicant/developer for 301 Bondsville Road LD, Cheryl Spaulding a resident of Caln, Henry Miller, Justin O’Leary and Lou Colagreco representing Regal Builders.
Approval of Minutes – Mr. Simon entertained a motion to approve the minutes of October 16th, 2018 Planning Commission meeting. The motion was so moved by Mr. Benko and seconded by Mr. Robinson. Poll: Mr. Benko aye, Mr. Simon aye, Mr. Robinson aye, Mr.
Caporale aye. John Thomas aye Motion passed.
Communications – None
Public Comment – Cheryl Spaulding regarding the Age Qualified Zoning Ordinance.
301 Bondsville Road LD 2016 Discussion occurred, noting the following:
- Joe Ippolito discussed waivers from Review Letter Dated November 16, 2018
- ARRO Consulting, Inc. Preliminary/Final Land Development Review Letter Dated November 16, 2018
- The Applicant is requesting the following waivers:
- Section 137-42: requiring curbs along streets.
- Section 137-43: requiring sidewalks along streets.
- Section 135-311.A(2): requiring stormwater management facilities to be designed for the maximum impervious coverage allowed for on the site base on the zoning district.
- Section 135-311.j(9): requiring basin barrels to be concrete pipe.
6. Section 135-311.J(11): requiring basin barrels to have an end wall.
7. Section 135-311.J(12): requiring a minimum distance between a building or structure and the stormwater management basin to be 30 feet.
8. Section 135-311.J(13): requiring a minimum distance of 50 feet between a property line or street right-of-way line and the stormwater management basin.
10. Section 135-3311J(2): regarding the minimum basin setbacks from buildings property lines and right-of-way lines.
11. Section 135-3311J(2): requiring the top of the basin be a minimum width of 10 feet.
12. Section 137-16.C(9): requiring a pedestrian access route (PAR).
13. Section 74.5D: requiring 150 foot clear sight triangles for driveway accessing a collector road.
A motion was made by Mr. Simon supporting the 12 waivers discussed. This was seconded by Mr. Benko to recommend Preliminary/ Final Approval to the Board of Commissioners with support for the twelve (12) requested waivers. Based on the Arro Consulting, Inc. Preliminary/Final Land Development Review Letter Dated November 16, 2018. Poll: Mr. Benko aye, Mr. Simon aye, Mr. Robinson aye, Mr. Caporale aye. John Thomas aye. Motion passed.
Age Qualified Zoning Ordinance
There was a discussion based on Lou Colagreco’s office submitting an age qualified zoning ordinance to create an overlay district for the property located at the intersection of Lloyd Avenue and Rte. 322 for his client Regal builders. A component of the overlay would be to permit limited commercial and retail uses within a specific portion of the property along the property frontages of Lloyd Avenue and Rte. 322.
The following uses would be permitted:
- Retail business establishments with 7,500 square feet or less of gross floor area.
- Business and professional offices with 7,500 square feet or less of gross floor area.
- Medical or dental clinic with 7,500 square feet or less of gross floor area.
- Personal service establishments with 7,500 square feet or less of gross floor area.
- Banks and financial establishments with 7,500 square feet or less of gross floor area.
- Municipal uses, subject to 155-94 of the Code.
Mr. Simon made a motion to Recommend to the Board of Commissioners for the overlay age qualified zoning ordinance for a commercial area along Lloyd Ave and Rte. 322 as depicted on the exhibit plan with Pad 1, which is located on the curve of Lloyd Ave closest to the last few homes across the street, adjusted to move the commercial area as far from the residential homes as possible. The motion was moved by Mr. Robinson and seconded by Mr. Benko. Poll Mr. Simon aye, Mr. Robinson aye, Mr. Benko aye, John Thomas aye, Mr. Caporale nay motion passed.
Massage Business Zoning Ordinance
We discussed deleting some wording, putting restriction on massage businesses and how it will need to be a Conditional Use go to the Planning Commission and then the Board of Commissions to be approved.
Mr. Simon made a motion for a recommendation of passing Ordinance 2018-10. Mr. Benko moved the motion and Mr. Caporale seconded the motion. Poll: Mr. Simon aye, Mr. Benko aye, Mr. Robinson aye, Mr. Caporale aye, Mr. Thomas aye
New Business – None
Adjournment – With no further business, Mr. Simon entertained a motion to adjourn the meeting. The motion was so moved. The meeting adjourned at 8:02 P.M.
To the best of my knowledge, this summarizes the minutes of the
November 20, 2018 Planning Commission meeting.
Planning Commission Secretary