January 19, 2021
A work session was held at 6:30 PM to discuss agenda items.
The Planning Commission held their regular meeting on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 via Zoom as a virtual meeting. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 P.M. by Chairman, Ken Simon.
Roll Call – In attendance were Ken Simon, John Caporale, John Adam Thomas, Bill Schew, Michael Irwin, Jacob Bashioum. Jim Benko was absent from the meeting.
Township Staff and Consultants in attendance were Bryan Kulakowsky, ARRO Consulting – Township Engineer, Raymond Stackhouse, Director of Building and Life Safety, and Board of Commissioners’ Liaison to the Planning Commission Lorraine Tindaro.
Bryan Kulakowsky discussed the need for reorganization of Planning Commission seats for 2021. Nominations for Chairman were opened:
- John Adam Thomas was nominated by Jacob Bashioum, seconded by John Caporale. Being no other nominations a Poll was taken of members, 5 ayes with John Adam Thomas abstaining, motion passes 5-0.
Mr. Thomas took over meeting as Chairman. Nominations for Vice Chairman were opened:
- Bill Schew was nominated by John Caporale, seconded by John Adam Thomas. Being no other nominations a Poll was taken of members, 5 ayes with Bill Schew abstaining, motion passes 5-0.
Approval of December 15, 2020 meeting Minutes – Being no questions or discussion Mr. Thomas entertained a motion for approval as submitted, moved by Mr. Caporale and seconded by Mr. Schew. With no objections motion carries.
Communications – None.
- 1541 Fisherville Road - Diane Hammell Trust Prelimary/Final Subdivision
- In attendance for Commonwealth Engineering, representing the applicant, was Vic Kelly, P.E.
Overview of the project was discussed; reconfiguration of three (3) existing parcels located in East and West Brandywine Township, with a subdivision of one (1) parcel in Caln Township as an access to the existing parcels.
Mr. Kelly provided some details as to the intent of this change, which amounted to trying to clean up the actual access and to define the 3 lots not in Caln for estate planning purposes, and specific to Caln define the access/driveway which serves as the only existing access to lot 2. He did point out that there is no buildable land on the property in Caln, only access.
After discussing the project, Mr. Kulakowsky recommended to Mr. Kelly that the applicant work through the issues with East and West Brandywine Townships prior to presenting the plans to the Planning Commission for a recommendation to the Board of Commissioners. Mr. Kelly agreed that they need to work out the approvals with East and West Brandywine before returning to Caln Township. No action was taken on the application.
Old Business – None.
New Business- None.
Subdivision and Land Development Timeclock Dates:
- Dunkin Donuts-Caln Plaza Land Development (Expires March 11 , 2021)
- Hills at Thorndale Woods Final LD 2015 (Expires June 30,2021)
Adjournment – With no further agenda items or Commission business, Mr. Thomas made a motion to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Mr. Schew. Poll of members; all ayes, motion passes 5 – 0. The meeting adjourned at 7:31 P.M.
To the best of my knowledge, this summarizes the minutes of the January 19, 2021
Planning Commission meeting.