Caln Township, Chester County, PA
The Caln Township Police Department & Civil Service Commission, Chester County, Pennsylvania, is accepting applications for the position of full-time police officer to fill multiple vacancies. Starting salary is $69,895.00, in addition to a comprehensive benefits package.
Application packets may be obtained at the Caln Township Police Department, 253 Municipal Drive, Thorndale, PA 19372, weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., or by download HERE.
Completed applications must be returned to the Caln Township Police Department no later than 12:00 midnight on Friday, October 14, 2022. Late submissions will not be accepted. Incomplete application packets will be returned to the candidates for resubmission by the deadline date.
- Have reached their twenty-first (21) birthday by the deadline date for submitting applications.
- Possess a diploma from an accredited high school or a graduate equivalency diploma.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a police officer. A description of essential job functions is contained in the application packet.
- Prior to appointment, possess a valid driver’s license issued by this or any other U.S. state.
- Have successfully completed PA Municipal Police Officer (Act 120) training; or
- Have the ability to complete Act 120 training and achieve Act 120 certification (Act 120 not required to apply); or
- Possess police officer certification in another U.S. state.
- Reside within twenty-five (25) miles of the Caln Township Administration Building no later than three (3) months after successfully completing their twelve (12) month probationary period.
Candidates must pass physical agility testing, written and oral exams, background investigation, polygraph, psychological, medical, drug testing, and the Act 120 certification exam prior to appointment as a police officer.
Candidates must appear for physical agility testing and written exam on Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 9:00 a.m., at the Downingtown West High School, 445 Manor Avenue, Downingtown, PA 19335. Dress in work-out clothes, as the physical agility test is first. Candidates who fail the physical agility test will not qualify to take the written exam and will be disqualified from further testing.
Caln Township is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact the Caln Township Police Department, weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., at 610-383-1821 with any questions.