Application packets may be obtained at the Caln Township Police Department, 253 Municipal Drive, Thorndale, PA 19372, weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., or by download here.
Completed applications must be returned to the Caln Township Police Department no later than 12:00 midnight on Friday, September 22, 2023. Late submissions will not be accepted. Incomplete application packets will be returned for resubmission by the deadline date.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Have reached their 21st birthday by the deadline date for submitting applications.
- Possess a diploma from an accredited high school or a graduate equivalency diploma.
- Be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a police officer.
- Conform to department grooming standards regarding tattoos & body modification.
- Possess a valid driver's license issued by Pennsylvania or any other U.S. state.
- Have successfully completed PA Municipal Police Officer (Act 120) training; or
- Have the ability to complete Act 120 training (Act 120 not required to apply); or
- Possess police officer certification in another U.S. state and have the ability to achieve Act 120 certification.
- Reside within 25 miles of the Caln Township Administration Building no later than 3 months after successfully completing their 12-month probationary period.
Selected applicants that have not completed Act 120 training are eligible for cadet sponsorship with Caln Township to attend a PA Municipal Police Academy. Cadets in training will receive a bi-weekly salary of $2,795.50, in addition to health care coverage.
Applicants must pass physical agility testing, written and oral exams, background investigation, polygraph, psychological, medical, drug testing, Act 120 training and the Act 120 certification exam prior to appointment as a police officer.
Applicants must appear for physical agility testing on Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 9:00 a.m., at the Coatesville Area School District Memorial Stadium, 1445 Lincoln Highway East, Coatesville PA 19320. Dress in work-out clothes, as the physical agility test is first. Applicants who fail the physical agility test will be disqualified from further testing. The written exam will be administered immediately following physical agility testing at the Caln Township Administration Building, 253 Municipal Drive, Thorndale, PA 19372.
Caln Township is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact the Caln Township Police Department, weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., at 610-383-1821 with any questions.