Click here to access the NRHP registration form detailing a full Carver Court history and explanation of its architectural importance.
From the Daily Local News:
"Carver Court, which is named after African-American scientist and inventor George Washington Carver, was developed in 1944 as a public housing project for African-American veterans of World War II and their families. Many residents of Carver Court worked at Lukens Steel, the Coatesville Veterans Affairs Medical Center or the Embreeville State Hospital. Located on a loop on Foundry Street in the western end of the township, just outside the city of Coatesville, Carver Court was designed by renowned Philadelphia area architects, George Howe, Louis Kahn and Oskar Stonorov."