March 7, 2022 @ 7pm
Tonight’s meeting will be a hybrid meeting – both via Zoom and in person at the Township building.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call – Brett Klukan, Helen Eckel-Wiener, Anne Duzan, Isabel Clark, Jane Kennedy, and Abbey Swan. Plus guests Liz Malone and Tom Parr.
- Approved minutes from August 2, 2021, November 1, 2021, and February 7th, 2022
- Old business
- Clean Up Day Update – Midway Grill is happy to provide lunch. The group opted to offer half badges/half stickers for participants. Abbey will order them from Sticker Mule. We have about 40 people signed up to volunteer including people from Giant, Coatesville JROTC, Scout Troops and the Coatesville National Honors Society. Abbey also sent the event to the County to advertise to people needing community service hours. Abbey has a list and map of priority clean up locations: Acme, Park Drive, G.O. Carlson, North Bailey, Barley Sheaf, the Park and Ride on 322, and North Caln. A few different neighborhoods will pick up supplies ahead of time and run their own clean up efforts – Carver Court and Kings Grant.
- Riparian Buffer Planting – April 2nd. 44+ people have signed up so far. Anne and Abbey will place individual flags before the planting to represent the trees.
- Easter Egg Hunt – Abbey has begun promotion for the egg hunt. We need to figure out a photo background for pictures with the Easter Bunny. The group will stuff eggs at our April 4th meeting. Abbey is planning on 3000 eggs, based on previous years’ attendance. Helen has empty eggs to contribute. We’ll have some prize eggs as well as the jellybean counting contest. We also discussed handing out the spring coloring page for people to return for a contest.
- P.U.L.L Stations – Abbey and Jane met with AHHAH – the organization that manages most of the PULL stations in Coatesville and Kennett Square. They provided us with two boxes which can be refurbished. Helen, Liz, and Tom Parr all volunteered to help out refurbishing the boxes. Once they’re refurbished, we’ll find someone to decorate or paint them before they are installed. AHHAH will also provide books to us whenever we need them.
- Summer Series/other events – Chico’s Vibe has already been reserved for August 5th from 7-9. We will also contact the fireworks folks for that night. Rita’s usually comes but other food trucks have usually struggled to sell very well. Big Boize has come and done well though on concert nights. The group would like to get back to giving out popcorn at movie nights. We selected June 17th for a movie as well.
- We decided to table our stream study/Earth Day crafting event until next year because of all the events we have going on this spring.
- New Business
- Abbey will order t-shirts and name tags for all of the board members.