March 6, 2023 @ 7pm
Tonight’s meeting will be a hybrid meeting – both via Zoom and in person at the Township building.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call: Brett Klukan, Helen Eckel-Wiener, Anne Duzan, Liz Malone, Isabel Clark, Jane Kennedy and Abbey Swan. Guest: Tom Parr
- Public Comment
- Approved Minutes - February 6, 2023
- Old business
- AV system orientation – The group learned how to connect the new projector and old sound system.
- Clean Up Weekend Update
- At least 100 people signed up so far – Abbey will continue to promote. We especially need more volunteers for North Caln Road. There are two large scout troops, plus Giant staff. The parks and rec members will take shifts to oversee. Abbey will investigate getting road signs to make sure people slow down. We discussed getting some waders to wear while cleaning the creek. Abbey will make sure everyone has the appropriate supplies for each clean up site/time. If the weather is bad, we’ll still meet at the designated spot to distribute supplies and people can do their clean up later on.
- Event update – National Night Out/Chico’s Vibe
- Instead of having our Chico’s Vibe concert the same week as National Night Out, we decided to combine both events. Parks and Rec will propose co-sponsoring National Night Out. Chico’s Vibe is available, so Abbey will make sure everyone is ok with this plan. The date is Tuesday, August 1st. Abbey will touch base with the new Little League chair about this event and our other events.
- Tennis Court Update
- Tennis Court quote will be going before the Board of Commissioners for approval. Abbey added new posts on to the quote because the old ones are in pretty bad shape.
- Summer Series
- Abbey has found a contact with a Mexican Cultural organization who can help us find a band – they also have a traditional dance performance group we might want to look into. Mariachi bands are very expensive so maybe out of our price range for this year.
- New Business