Chester County, Pennsylvania
Board of Commissioners
August 10, 2023 Agenda
Tonight's hybrid Board meeting will be held remotely via Zoom AND in person at the Caln Municipal Building.
Please click here if you'd like to join the webinar remotely: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89941735069?pwd=UXZxTzB2WVhNQVZwbXgzbm9ZcFozdz09
Or to join by telephone: Dial +1 929 205 6099
Webinar ID: 899 4173 5069
Resident comments will be accepted when the Board calls for them:
If you are logging on to the meeting using your laptop or other device, please click the “RAISE HAND” function at the bottom right of your screen to indicate that you would like to speak. When your name is called, please state your name and address and then make your brief comment. You can also submit comments via the "Q&A" function on your device.
If you are dialing in to this meeting by phone, you can press *9 to raise your hand to speak. When you are called upon, we will unmute your phone. State your name and address and make your brief comment.
You can also submit comments via email to email@example.com up until 4:00pm the day of the meeting.
Feel free to contact us with any questions at 610-384-0600 x148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call to Order and Salute to the Flag
Citizens to be Heard
Township Solicitor – Ms. Camp
- Request for Consideration to Advertise an Ordinance Amending Chapter 29 of the Caln Code Titled “Officers and Employees” Specifically Section 29-5 Titled “Qualifications” to Permit the Township Manager to Reside Within 25 Miles of Caln Township
- Discussion on amending the Grant contract with Chester County under the Vision Partnership Planning to retain a new planner to finish the Zoning Ordinance Update.
- Proposed SALDO amendment/Fee Resolution amendment re; reimbursement of professional consultant fees.
Township Engineer – Mr. Schmidt
- Request for Board Consideration to Award the Lowest Qualified Bidder CriLon Corp., in the Amount of $382,173.16 for the G O Carlson Boulevard Stream and Bridge Repair Project Scour and Embankment Work
- Request for Board Consideration of Final Pay Application #5 Payable to Lobar Site Development in the Amount of $95,519.10, for Work Through August 2023 for the Municipal Drive Bridge Replacement Project
Minutes to Approve
- Request for Board Consideration to Approve the July 13, 2023 Board of Commissioners Minutes
- Request for Board Consideration to Approve the July 27, 2023 Board of Commissioners Minutes
Ordinances and Resolutions
- Request for Board Consideration to Adopt Resolution 2023-15, a Resolution Establishing Guidelines for the Use and Operation of Mobile Food Facility Within the Township (Tabled 06/08/2023)
- Request for Board Consideration to Adopt Resolution 2023-16 Amending Resolution 2023-01 to Add Fees for Food Truck Permits and Tort/Civil Claim Requests From Caln Township Police Department (Tabled 06/08/2023)
- Request for Board Consideration to Approve the Accounts Payable Bill List for Checks 50520 to 50624 and Manual Check 293
- Request for Board Consideration to Approve and Authorize the Board President to Sign a Letter Authorizing Lisa Swan as Temporary Trustee to Act as Custodian for all the Delaware Valley Health Trusts Plans
- Request for Consideration of Township’s Participation in Municipal Consortium to Retain Cohen Law Group to renegotiate Verizon Franchise Agreement. which expires April 2026
- Request for Consideration to Approve to Order From Turf Equipment and Supply Company a Toro Multi Pro 5800 Sprayer as a 2024 Capital Purchase, in the Amount of $66,910.08, and to Authorize the Board President to Sign Their Agreement.
- Request for Consideration to Approve to Order From Finch Turf, Inc. a LASTEC XR700T Tow Behind 132" Rotary Mower, as a 2023 Golf Fund Purchase in the Amount of $29,819.55, and to Authorize the Board President to Sign Their Agreement.
Boards and Commissions Updates – Summary by Applicable Board Liaison
- Parks and Recreation
- Municipal Authority
- Fire Board
- Historical Commission
- Lincoln Highway
- Ingleside Golf Course
- Request for Board Consideration to Approve and Authorize the Board President to Sign the Planning Commission Special Counsel General Terms of Engagement with Unruh, Turner, Burke & Frees, Pertaining to the Conditional Use Application of the Proposed Lincoln Center Located at 4531 Lincoln Highway (Location is in the Former Bob Wagner Building)
- Request for Board Consideration to Approve and Authorize the Board President to Sign the D.E. Gemmill Proposal for the Modification of the Previous 2023 Line Stripping Approval, in the Amount of $18,409.60
- Request for Board Consideration of Payment Application #1 in the Amount of $53,995.50 Payable to E&K Construction Services Inc., for the G O Carlson Boulevard Emergency Retaining Wall Repairs Project for Work Performed to July 31, 2023