October 16, 2018
The Planning Commission held their regular meeting on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 in the Caln Township Municipal Building. The September 18, 2018 meeting was cancelled. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 P.M. by Co-Chairperson Ken Simon.
Roll Call – In attendance for the Planning Commission were Jim Benko, Ken Simon, John Robinson, and John Caporale and John Thomas
Also in attendance was Pamela Henrichon, Planning Commission Secretary and Township Engineer Bryan Kulakowsky, of Arro Consulting, Inc. and Commissioner Lorraine Tindaro. Byron Anstine and Dan Meier representing Storage First. Gary Toll and Dave Gibbons representing 150 Parkside
Approval of Minutes – Mr. Simon entertained a motion to approve the minutes of August 21, 2018 Planning Commission meeting. The motion was so moved by Mr. Benko and seconded by Mr. Robinson. Poll: Mr. Benko aye, Mr. Simon aye, Mr. Robinson aye, Mr. Caporale aye. John Thomas aye Motion passed.
Communications – May 2019 Meeting rescheduled for May 14, 2019. The motion was so moved by Mr. Benko and seconded by Mr. Robinson. Poll: Mr. Benko aye, Mr. Simon aye, Mr. Robinson aye, Mr. Caporale aye. John Thomas aye Motion passed.
Public Comment – None.
Storage First Caln/3925 Hazelwood Avenue Discussion occurred, noting the following:
- Albert Federico Consulting, LLC. Traffic Review Letter Dated October 4, 2018
- Arro Consulting, Inc. Preliminary/Final Land Development Review Letter Dated October 12, 2018
- Additional Storm Water testing required for two of the infiltration facilities
- The Applicant is requesting the following waivers:
- SALDO 137-15-9.A(2): Requires separate preliminary and final plan land development submissions. The Applicant propose to submit a preliminary/final submission.
- SALDO 137-16.C(9), 137-40.I, & 137.43.B: Require sidewalks to be installed along road frontages. The Applicant proposes to pay a fee-in-lieu of sidewalk installation
- SALDO 137-31.C: Requires set aside and reserve of 0.5415 acres of land to be undeveloped or pay a fee-in-lieu of the reserved land. The Applicant proposes to not provide the set aside of land.
- SALDO 137-40.H & 137-42.A: Requires curbing or stabilized shoulder along street frontages. The Applicant proposes no curbing along the street frontages
- SALDO 137-29.A: Requires utility easements to be 20’ wide and 30’ wide when between buildings. The Applicant proposes a 15’ wide easement between buildings.
150 Parkside Discussion occurred, noting the following:
- There will be 47 single family manufactured homes that are 2 to 3 bedrooms with upgrades inside and porches. They will have a 10 year warranty.
- They would like to do a traffic study in the Fall rather than the Spring and feel the traffic is very similar. Application is being made to the Zoning Hearing Board to modify the Special Exception Approval to allow the Traffic Study in the fall.
- The requested waivers are noted on page 2 of Arro’s Land Development Review Letter
- Active Subdivision & Land Development Projects:
- Dwell at Caln PRD 2011 (Expires 1/15/19)
- 301 Bondsville Road SD 2016 (Expires 1/15/19)
- Hills at Thorndale Woods Final LD 2015 (Expires 12/31/18)
- 1103 Foundry Street Sketch 2017 (No Expiration)
- 281 Norton Avenue Benne Sketch 2017 (No Expiration)
- 4060 Edges Mill Rd (Expires 10/30/18) Old Business – None
Adjournment – With no further business, Mr. Simon entertained a motion to adjourn the meeting. The motion was so moved. The meeting adjourned at 8:02 P.M.
To the best of my knowledge, this summarizes the minutes of the October 17, 2018 Planning Commission meeting.
Respectfully Submitted, Pamela Henrichon Planning Secretary