CHIPPING & YARD WASTE
YARD WASTE PROGRAM
Caln Township is pleased to offer residents the popular Yard Waste Collection Program every other Friday from 5AM - 5PM (April through mid-December). This service includes bagged leaves/grass and small branches which must be placed at the curb in biodegradable bags. We will no longer accept yard waste of any kind at our Municipal Drive drop-off location.
The Township will continue to offer its spring chipping program for large branches. This service is only intended for cleaning up fallen branches in your yard and not for items cut down by a contractor. Each chipping stop will be limited to 15 minutes. In order to accommodate as many residents as possible, we are asking residents who have more than 15 minutes of chipping to call a contractor for removal. Caln Township residents may call 610-384-0600 extension 140 beginning April 1 through April 28th to have your name put on the list for the chipping program. Slots are limited, so it’s important that you call early to reserve your spot. Please note: items placed at the curb not covered by the program or excess volume of material will not be chipped.
CHIPPING PROGRAM GUIDELINES
• All branches must be neatly stacked curbside (no crossstacking), no larger than 6” in diameter and with cut ends facing the street by 6:00 AM the day of your appointment (recommended the night before). Road crews will not drive onto property or private lanes/road ways, nor will road crews go beyond the edge of the property to collect the branches.
• Appointments will be limited to 15 minutes with NO EXCEPTIONS.
• No stumps. Branches greater than 6” in diameter will NOT be accepted.
• Vines, weeds, leaves, or yard waste will NOT be collected.
• Incorrectly stacked piles will NOT BE PICKED UP.
• NO LATE SET OUTS OR OVERSIZED PILES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
• THE PROGRAM IS FOR ROUTINE CLEAN-UP AND NOT DESIGNED TO ASSIST WITH CLEARING PROPERTIES OF TREES AND SHRUBS (I.E. CUTTING TREES DOWN AND PUTTING OUT FOR CHIPPING WILL NOT BE COLLECTED).
• This program is for individual Caln Township residential properties only. A resident may use this service one time during the program period. Items collected from outside the Township or through a private or commercial operation will not be processed. In an effort to stay on schedule and in fairness to the majority of participants, NO LATE SET-OUTS OR OVERSIZED PILES WILL BE ACCEPTED! Time slots are limited, call early to reserve your spot.