Roll Call – In attendance for the Planning Commission were Jim Benko, Ken Simon, John Robinson, and John Caporale.
Also in attendance was Pamela Henrichon, Planning Commission Secretary and Township Engineer Bob Flinchbaugh, of CEDARVILLE Engineering Group, LLC and Commissioner Lorraine Tindaro. Byron Anstine and Dany Myer representing Storage First. Justin Olear, Harry Miller and Alyson Zarro Representing Regal Builder LLC for the property at the corner of Lloyd Ave and Rt 322. Chris Daily with DL Howell for 4060 Edges Mill Road.
Approval of Minutes – Mr. Simon entertained a motion to approve the minutes of June 19, 2018 Planning Commission meeting. The motion was so moved by Mr. Benko and seconded by Mr. Caporale. Poll: Mr. Benko aye, Mr. Simon aye, Mr. Robinson aye, Mr.
Caporale aye. Motion passed. Communications – None.
Public Comment – None.
Storage First Caln/3925 Hazelwood Avenue
Discussion occurred, noting the following:
- CEDARVILLE Review Letter dated August 17, 2018
- Application for Zoning permit has a typo in the zoning summary. There is a difference of 12 ft. The prints have the correct measurements. Looking to proceed as planned and follow up with Raymond Stackhouse and Kristin Camp.
- Lighting and dimming in the evening.
- Adding an ADA parking spot
- #29 and #49 noted in the review letter regarding the drainage pipe concern and a possible maintenance easement going to follow up with a Tuesday developer meeting.
- Asking to not add a curb to avoiding a water issue.
- No action on this plan was recommended by the Planning Commission
4060 Edges Mill Road
- Cedarville Review letter August 17, 2018
- Flex Space as indicated in the Conditions of Approval
- 51 Parking Spaces
- Submit a letter to the Historical Commission for architectural design recommendations. Section 155-47.E
- Attain public sewer from the Township
- Water from a well
- Stormwater Management Ordinance pg. 27 Section 135-306.1(3) to Design the infiltration facility for the required retention. Requesting a waiver.
- Page 27 Section 135-307.B and 135-310.B proposing a bio retention basin with 4 inch soil then an underground drain to go out through a pipe.
Recommendation to Approve waivers from Section 135-306.1 (3) from the Stormwater Management Ordinance and Section 137-44-1.A.(2) of the Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance and for Preliminary Approval conditioned upon resolution of all items in Cedarville Engineering's August 17, 2018 review letter and establishment of payment in lieu of payment in lieu of sidewalk installation. – Mr. Simon entertained a motion to recommend preliminary approval. The motion was so moved by Mr. Benko and seconded by Mr. Robinson. Poll: Mr. Benko aye, Mr. Simon aye, Mr. Robinson aye, Mr. Caporale aye. Motion passed.
Brief discussion occurred, noting the following:
Justin Olear, Alyson Zarro and Harry Miller gave an introductory presentation regarding the proposed development located at the corner of Lloyd Ave and Rt. 322 along with proposed amendments to the zoning ordinance to permit the use as proposed under the AQ-Age Qualified Overlay District. A 55 and older community is being considered for this property. Amendments discussed included changing zoning R2 front to C2 and included a section permitting off-premises signs (billboards).
- Bondsville Road Apartments LD 2013 - No one in attendance. Expires 8/21/18
- Dwell at Caln PRD 2011 – No one in attendance. The extension agreement is valid until October 17, 2018.
- 301 Bondsville Road SD 2016 – No one in attendance. The extension agreement is valid until October 17, 2018
- Hills at Thorndale Woods Final LD 2015 – No one in attendance. The extension agreement is valid until December 31, 2018.
- 1103 Foundry Street Sketch 2017 – No one in attendance. No Expiration
- 150 Parkside Drive – No one in attendance. Expires 10/23/18
- 281 Norton Avenue Benne Sketch 2017 – No one in attendance. No Expiration
Old Business – None
New Business – Proposed Ordinance: Massage Parlor/Therapeutic Massage Ordinance as outlined in the packet. The only concern/comment came for Mr. Carporale. He feels like they are being singled out and does not agree. All the other commissioners think adopting this is a good idea.
Adjournment – With no further business, Mr. Simon entertained a motion to adjourn the meeting. The motion was so moved. The meeting adjourned at 8:10 P.M.
To the best of my knowledge, this summarizes the minutes of the August 21, 2018 Planning Commission meeting.
Respectfully submitted, Pamela Henrichon Planning Secretary